At Episcopal Retirement Services (ERS), you can enjoy what you do and be proud of your work every day. Join an organization voted a Top Work Place in Cincinnati for the past nine years!
We are currently seeking candidates for PRN RN positions to provide care in our Lee Gardens skilled rehab community. Both day shifts and night shifts are available. The ideal candidates will have a passion for rehabilitative care for older adults, and will bring experience in acute skilled nursing. If you would like to work for an award-winning and highly respected company, then we’d like to meet you.
Marjorie P. Lee has earned a reputation for demonstrating excellent nursing care and spiritual ministry. Our nurses work with our resident assistants as a team to provide nursing services that meet the needs and desires of those receiving rehabilitative care.
• Promotes the residents’ well-being and satisfaction by supporting resident-centered care, developing and interpreting standards of care, guiding the interdisciplinary team as it establishes and implements the resident’s plan of care with the resident and his/her family or responsible party and the household team. Communicates with other household members regarding changes in resident care plans, diet changes, etc. Participates in or provides input for resident care conferences.
• Models and ensures that others are providing medical treatment in a manner that honors resident preferences and individuality. Demonstrates strong commitment to the highest clinical outcomes.
• Administers medications and performs treatments and nursing procedures according to established policies and procedures and nursing standards of care and ensures that all physician/consultant orders and changes to orders are followed. Ensures that narcotic records are accurate for the shift and notifies the Household Nurse Leader and/or Director of Nursing of all drug and narcotic discrepancies noted. Ensures that there is an adequate quantity of supplies readily available to personnel and that resident’s bedrooms are maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
• Administers professional services such as catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressing/bandages, packs, colostomy and drainage bags, giving massages and range of motion exercises, care for the dying/dead, obtaining sputum, urine and other specimens for lab tests, etc.
• Documents assessments and progress notes in the EMAR in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident and that the care plan is being followed, as well as the residents’ response to the care and ensures that all entries are signed and dated. Performs other administrative duties such as completing medical forms evaluations, studies, reports, etc. and any required filing. Reports all discrepancies noted concerning physician’s orders, diet change, charting error, etc., to the Household Nurse Leader or Director of Nursing. Maintains working relationships with physicians and other medical personnel in support of quality clinical care in the household.
• Monitors the activities of daily living of residents in relation to the normal aging and/or disease process through assessments of mental status, physical condition and emotional and spiritual well-being. Working with other household members, encourages residents to participate in and coordinates and adjusts schedules to ensure that residents can participate in activities.
• Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN training program and possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in the State of Ohio
• Prefer as a minimum, nursing experience in a hospital, acute skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
• Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care
• Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel and families as well as be willing to communicate with residents based at whatever behavior or acuity level they are currently functioning
• Must have the ability to read, write and communicate effectively with residents, families and other staff members
• Must have the ability to maintain an attendance record which falls within the guidelines of the company’s and household’s attendance policy
• Must have knowledge and competencies for age specific interventions
ERS is committed to providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all team members and potential team members. There will be no discrimination in employment practices because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (except where reasonable accommodation would not enable the disabled person to adequately perform the essential functions of the position) , military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.