Our Certified Med Techs (CMTs) enjoy a flexible work schedule that encourages work life balance. Our employees also enjoy evening / weekend premiums, a convenient location that is on many bus routes, free parking, reduced meal costs, and access to our fitness equipment at no cost. Most of all our employees love ECH because they are part of a friendly team that plays an important role caring for others. You will make a positive difference in the lives of our residents!
For more than 135 years, the Episcopal Church Home has served the Louisville community and its older adults with pride. Over the years, ECH has earned a reputation in senior living for the highest quality care and service delivered by caring and compassionate professionals. ECH Retirement Community sits on a 22 acre campus on Westport Road in Louisville and includes the Dudley Square Patio Homes, personal care and skilled nursing rooms, and the Memory Care Center of Excellence, and St. Luke's Chapel. ECH also provides short-term rehabilitation therapy, as well as family and community support groups and services.
The Episcopal Church Home community is the perfect choice for retirement living in Louisville that offers residents elegant surroundings, friendly and helpful staff, a stimulating environment, and a continuum of care to meet all lifestyle and care needs for older adults.
The primary role of the medication tech is to provide medication administration and support to our residents. Our medication aides work closely with our nurses and resident assistants to provide caregiving and restorative services that meet the needs and desires of all household residents. The ideal candidate will have a passion for older adult care and must demonstrate leadership capabilities while offering our residents the utmost quality of care and quality of life.
The Memory Care Center at our Episcopal Church Home community is a Personal Care licensed, dementia care neighborhood in a beautiful home-like setting. If you would like to work for an award-winning and highly respected company, then we’d like to meet you!
• Administers medications in accordance with establish policies, procedures, and standards of care.
• Follows policies and procedures of pharmacy related to acceptable storage of medication.
• Documents medication administration immediately following administration utilizing the community's established documentation system.
• Fulfils the responsibility of a resident assistant within the neighborhood.
• Must be certified as a medication tech (CMT) in the State of Kentucky, as well as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Kentucky
• Must be knowledgeable of standards of practice and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to medication administration by a certified medication tech
• Prior experience working with dementia residents in a long term care setting preferred
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public
ERS is committed to providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all team members and potential team members. There will be no discrimination in employment practices because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (except where reasonable accommodation would not enable the disabled person to adequately perform the essential functions of the position) , military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.