Enjoy a nursing leadership role with an organization awarded a Cincinnati Top Workplace for the past nine years! At Episcopal Retirement Services (ERS), you can enjoy what you do and be proud of your work every day.
The Care Team Manager provides leadership to a highly engaged and passionate team of care givers. Team members work together to ensure that the mission, vision, and values of ERS are supported through the clinical services provided to our residents. We are proud that our retention of talent is higher than industry standard! We attribute our low turnover to our culture of person centered care where team members are truly valued. The Care Team Manager also participates in the planning, organizing, directing and facilitating the clinical operations to ensure regulatory compliance, to nurture a person-centered and resident- directed culture and to promote individual and team learning. This position is also the leader of the dementia care program for Marjorie P. Lee Retirement Community.
The Marjorie P. Lee Retirement Community (MPL) is conveniently located in the Hyde Park neighborhood on the east side of Cincinnati. The Amstein House, a household within MPL, has earned a reputation for demonstrating excellence in nursing care and spiritual ministry. Residents live on their own terms, free from restrictive routines, such as specific wake-up and meal times. Residents live with dignity and purpose while receiving the very best care.
By joining our team, you will receive excellent benefits to include but not limited to great health, dental and vision plans, 403(b) with employer match, discounted massages, discounted meals, employee wellness classes such as yoga, access to onsite fitness center/pool at no cost to the employee and tuition reimbursement!
• Provides knowledge and skills to staff in all households in the specific areas of clinical accountability, including dementia care, infection control, safety, wound management, falls, MDS process or other areas as needed.
• Guides the implementation of clinical policies and procedures to ensure safe, sanitary and efficient practices supporting professional nursing care standards, and assures that documentation, medication administration, resident nursing care, safety and sanitation, personnel and staff development, MDS process, materials management, process improvement plans and resident rights are in compliance with federal, state, local, and ERH standards.
• Fosters collaboration, consensus and negotiation to address problem solving in Amstein House.
• Provides supervision for nursing care, and provides direct nursing care as necessary. As Skin Care Coordinator, consults with and actively participates with the interdisciplinary team concerning assessment evaluations. As Restorative Nurse, plans, develops, implements and evaluates restorative care services.
• Must possess, as a minimum, a nursing degree from an accredited college or university or be a graduate of an approved RN diploma program and possess a current, unencumbered active license to practice as an RN in the State of Ohio.
• Two years of experience as a supervisor or clinical manager providing leadership to a team of care givers in a long term setting, skilled nursing facility or other related medical facility required.
• Specialized training or experience in geriatric nursing with emphasis in dementia care or certification in gerontological nursing is preferred.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
• Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as a willingness to handle difficult residents.
ERS is committed to providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all team members and potential team members. There will be no discrimination in employment practices because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (except where reasonable accommodation would not enable the disabled person to adequately perform the essential functions of the position) , military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.