At Episcopal Retirement Services (ERS), you can enjoy what you do and be proud of your work every day. Join an organization voted a Top Work Place in Cincinnati for the past nine years!
As an approach to health, wellness looks beyond the biomedical model and integrates the six dimensions of wellness – physical, social, emotional, intellectual, vocational and spiritual. Our goal is to help older adults make the right choices to remain healthy and independent. By creating individualized wellness programs for our residents and staff, ERS has chosen to be the innovative leader in creating an environment that enriches the body, mind and spirit.
The primary purpose of this position is to create and provide residents, staff and community with fitness classes and Wellness programs in accordance with policies and procedures assuring that the highest degree of quality is maintained at all times. . The qualified candidate should be enthusiastic, motivating and have a passion for working with older adults.
• Creates, facilitates, and promotes wellness and health education programs for residents and staff. Works to increase participation in and enthusiasm for health and wellness programs at these communities.
• Performs fitness and wellness assessments on residents, implements appropriate interventions when needed, and reassesses residents at routine intervals. Responsible for developing, tracking, and maintaining a database associated with these assessments over time.
• Prepares and conducts exercise classes and in-services for residents and staff as indicated by need.
• Insures that equipment is in proper working, locker rooms and wellness areas are in order and work area is clean and safe.
• Works closely with therapy staff in transitioning patients to and from Fitness and Therapy incorporating therapy regimens.
• As an ERS team member, upholds the philosophy of Person Centered Care while performing duties; whenever possible, acts to restore and/or provide Purpose, Choice and Freedom to our residents.
• Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, Health Promotion or a related field preferred.
• Some experience working with the senior or aging population desired.
• Must be CPR/AED certified.
• Professional certification in exercise / fitness, preferably group exercise and one on one personal training. Experience in health screening, fitness testing, exercise prescription and/or personal training preferred.
•Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.